Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I promise not to include Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" or "Oh Santa" even though I really want to.

A few days before Christmas and I've already received some of the most wonderful gifts...

Remember the post about Vivian Swift painting a picture for me? Well...
The card looked like a page from her book. It really is beautiful.
Her email correspondence has been witty and down-to-earth and thoughtful. The painting is perfect. I can't wait to meet her one day.
My Lucy!
This is the picture I had emailed.
***
Laura McLaughlin came into the Library last week and brought me (for no particular reason; we aren't family or close friends) homemade Christmas Jam (I'm not sure what all is in it, but the fact that I wake up thinking about what I plan to put 2-3 tablespoons on should tell you something). She also made the bag. In one fell swoop, she, in effect, put my Christmas presents to shame.

We have such neat people in Cumberland County.


That's right, the container is half-empty already.
***
I'm not one for dramatics...BUT, I honestly think this is a wonderful, wonderful gift. I am grateful for the friendship of two of the most thoughtful people I have ever known. I am grateful for good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment