I decided to do the same thing in this post: 32 things I wish I had done before turning 32. I thought it important to not venture into the world of "regret," however. Things like "I should have taped oral histories with my Dad," or "I should have finished the dissertation," will be stuff I will always question. To the contrary, the things I chose to include here are more whimsical in nature, things that would have been fun or interesting in the moment, but that I won't necessarily dwell on, or even really think about, down the road. In short, this is just a "boy, that would've made for a good story" list.
1. Shaved my head. I've just always wondered what I would look like.
2. Gone skydiving. I still plan to do this at some point.
3. Changed my own tire.
4. Let Adrienne sing the national anthem at my last home basketball game my Senior year.
5. Run the flame at Centre.
6. Taken guitar lessons.
7. Studied abroad a full semester while in college.
8. Kissed the boy on the bus ride home from Kentucky Kingdom.
9. Eaten more donuts.
10. Lived in Vermont...and worked for a baker.
11. Competed in a barrel racing competition.
12. Read more for enjoyment between the ages of 15 and 30.
13. Done a two-year Peace Corps stint.
14. Pursued the vet tech position at Heartland.
15. Reapplied to Emory.
16. Stayed in a hostel. Most interesting people I know have a good hostel story.
17. Hitchhiked. For the same reason just mentioned.
18. Led/organized a flash mob.
19. Got into a fight. I stole this from Jhaveri, but it really is a secret wish; in my head, I'd be scrappy and quite impressive.
20. Danced with the boy at the Centre convocation who walked up and asked even though my parents were sitting beside me.
21. Gone to see the Ellen show.
22. Traveled to Portland, Oregon, the Grand Canyon, and northern Maine.
23. Completed a triathlon.
24. Taken a hip hop dance class.
25. Paid more for a few pairs of really good-fitting jeans.
26. Tried oysters. And fried Twinkies (and any other State Fair equivalent).
27. Sent someone a singing telegram.
28. Taken more pictures....of everything.
29. Written more notes in class. I love going back and reading ones I kept from middle/high school.
30. Been called up on stage to karaoke in a "students v. teachers" singing competition...especially if the selected song was Lil' Mama's, "Girlfriend."
31. Traveled to at least one restaurant in every state that has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
32. Kept the J. Crew dress that will always remind me of Ferris wheels, and the Cheesecake Factory, and Che Guevara.
Polenta, via The Backyard Homestead (has the consistency of, and is cooked like, grits, but I think it is much more versatile; can be topped with a whole host of flavors)
Bunny tail Easter cake via...a million pictures on Pinterest (seriously, just type in "bunny bottom cake like I did):)
Adelia's Bakery & Cafe in Frankfort